Terms and Conditions
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ALL WEBSITES OR MICROSITES OWNED AND OPERATED BY TRUTHBETOLD, INC.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, then you may not access the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, TruthBeTold and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
Code of Conduct
You agree not to do the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site. This includes, without limitation: (a) using, or attempting to use, any account without the owner’s permission, (b) obtaining or soliciting another person’s password or other personal information under false pretenses, or (c) impersonating another user or otherwise misrepresenting Yourself to TruthBeTold, the Site’s systems, or other entities
- Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the Site. This includes, without limitation, (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the Site, or attempting to do so, or (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the Site that You are not authorized to access. Unauthorized access (or attempts) may subject You to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- Post, store, or transmit any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by TruthBeTold in its sole discretion) information or material.
- Post, store, or transmit any information or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Post, store, or transmit any advertising, promotion, or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes
- Use the Site to post, store, or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component.
- Use the Site to post, store, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for determining whether any material You post, store, or transmit is subject to a third party’s rights;
- Use the Site for any unlawful purposes.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- Publishing any Website material in any other media;
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- Publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- Using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Corrections and Changes
While TruthBeTold endeavors to keep the materials on the Site up to date, TruthBeTold cannot and does not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. TruthBeTold further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. TruthBeTold may make changes to these materials, or to the products or services described herein, at any time without notice, and makes no commitment to update the information contained herein
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
Use of this Site is entirely at Your own risk. The site and services are provided on an “as is” and “as Available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, TruthBeTold and its Officers, Employees, Managers, Members, Parents, Subsidiaries, Corporate Affiliates, Agents and Licensors (referred to collectively as “affiliates”), disclaim all warranties of any kind express or implied, with respect to the site and services, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
TruthBeTold SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE; (B) ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, ACTIVITIES, AND/OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (C) ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY INVOLVING THE SITE OR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR ANY LACK OF AVAILABILITY OR OPERATIONAL PROBLEM OF, THE SITE; OR (D) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS ARESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
Third Party Web Sites
TruthBeTold may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for Your convenience in locating related information and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by TruthBeTold and are maintained by third parties over which TruthBeTold exercises no control. TruthBeTold MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE. TruthBeTold does not endorse, and shall not be liable in connection with, the content, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party web sites. Use of third-party sites is at Your own risk.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will take effect at the time You begin using this Site (thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions). TruthBeTold reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny You access to the Site or any portion thereof. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Termination will be effective without notice.
Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material, or other content (collectively, “content”) received through this Site, however, will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, nonexclusive right and license for TruthBeTold to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display, (in whole or part), or act on such content without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. TruthBeTold may refuse to post, or may remove at any time, any content received through this Site for any reason.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under United States copyright law. Notices regarding any alleged copyright infringement on the Site should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitation of Servic
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and TruthBeTold as a result of this Agreement or Your utilization of this Site. TruthBeTold reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the availability of the Site and/or the provision and quantity of any product, service, and/or information to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction it so desires. Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and TruthBeTold may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TruthBeTold and its directors, officers, employees, agents, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from Your use of the Site, any breach by You of this Agreement, or any other matter for which You are responsible hereunder or under law.
Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by TruthBeTold of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
Any disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by binding arbitration in the State of Louisiana under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award shall be enforceable in any court having jurisdiction thereof. No disputes may be arbitrated on a class or representative basis and the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against any party. The validity, construction, and performance of these Terms and Conditions Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
Changes to these Terms
From Time to time, we may change these Terms. If we change these Terms, we will inform you by posting the revised Terms on the site. Those changes will go into effect on the revision date shown in the revised Terms. By continuing to use our Site or Services, you agree to the revised Terms. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Site and or services.
Last updated: 05/05/18